3 Bedroom Color Choices. How to Use Them and What They Say About You
Everyone wants their bedroom to be a sanctuary that reflects who they are. So, what color is the right color for your bedroom. Here are 3 choices and what they might say about you. Plus, ways to use them wisely.
3 Bedroom Color Choices. How to Use Them and What They Say About You!
Need a change in the bedroom? Create a new look with color. Here are 3 choices and what they might say about the person you are and how to use them to create a beautiful new look.
- Blue is great for the active you. After a day of running, working, achieving, blue can create a serene bedroom setting to help you wind down.
- Blue can do your body good. It’s said that blue lower blood pressure and slow down your heart rate and respiration. That’s the relaxing effect you want in your bedroom.
- Dark blue can depress. It’s said that dark blue can be depressing. So, use it sparingly and accent it with bolder colors or crisp white. For the whole room, go with a soft, toned-down blue so it relaxes without overwhelming.
- A faded denim blue is a great background. Think of all the bright colored T-shirts that look great with your old jeans. Now, create that same look in the bedroom. A soft, denim blue is the perfect shade to show off your bold, modern artwork or make those bright pillows on the bed really pop!
- Yellow is happy and energizing. That makes it a great color for the person who isn’t all that perky in the morning. Waking up in a yellow bedroom surrounds you with a happy new day.
- Beware of anger. Some studies show that people lose their temper more easily in a yellow room or can feel more anxious. So, tune it down a notch. Limit the bright, sunshiny, buttercup yellow to a single wall or accent color and use a softer creamy yellow for the rest of the room.
- Combine a pale yellow with white in a small room. This combination can enlarge a room – especially one that doesn’t get a lot of natural light.
- Go bold with accents. A painting with a splash of red or orange and a pillow that picks up the same shade works well with yellow. You can go bright, but go carefully so you don’t overwhelm the eye.
- Green is considered the most restful color for your eyes. And, that’s a good start for a great new bedroom decor!
- Happy, fun-loving people choose green. Green is the color of Spring, the color of rebirth. It’s vibrant and positive and people with those traits chose it.
- Green is made for your bedroom! Green combines the cheerfulness of yellow with the soothing, refreshing blue. Go with a yellow-green for a brighter look or a blue-green for a more relaxing room.
- If you like white, think green. If you love a room that’s all white, but you’re bored with the look. Think about a cooler minty green or a celery green to keep that clean feeling but with a touch of fun!
When you create that new look in your bedroom, ask yourself if it’s time for a new mattress. No matter how pretty and restful your décor is, it’s the mattress that’s going to give you a great night’s rest. A supportive, latex mattress in any color may color your night’s very restful and refreshing.