Early to bed and early to rise, the morning lark is up and at it, often as the sun is rising. A lark may not understand the lure of the late night. After all that’s the time to be in bed! Here are 5 advantages for being a morning lark.
- You’re in tune with the 9 to 5 life. You’re not stumbling out of bed and throwing on some clothes just to get to work on time. A morning lark is up and ready to take on the day. Not only does the 9 to 5 schedule suit their natural body rhythm, they are likely to be more detail oriented. That makes them more aware of potential problems and more prepared to deal with them.
- A lark is steady as it goes. Your performance remains relatively steady throughout the day, according to researchers at the University of Alberta in Canada. Better yet, since a lark is more likely to be at his or her desk early, they win the approval of bosses and supervisors who like to see workers coming in a bit ahead of schedule.
- They get more family time. Children tend to wake early and the morning lark is there to greet them. Plus, getting to work early may mean getting home on time so the morning lark can enjoy more family time in the evening, too.
- Early risers are thinner. Yep, they say it’s a fact. It may be the bright, early morning light, but the BMI of larks tends to be lower than night owls – independent of exercise, eating habits and other factors. And, speaking of exercise, larks are more likely to hit the gym.
- Larks are happier and more optimistic. Again, that early morning light may be an “upper” that helps fend of depression. You tend to be alert and cheerful – happier! And, being happier makes you more optimistic than the night owl. Overall, morning larks are just plain likeable human beings.
Early or late riser, your bed plays a big part in getting you ready for a new day. It’s simple, if your bed doesn’t give you support or is lumpy and sagging, you’re not going to get the rest you need. The push-back support of a latex mattress gives it a special bounce that the up-and-at-‘em morning lark may especially appreciate!