5 Morning Habits of Successful People
How do you start your day? Successful people from Ben Franklin to Tim Cook tend to share some of the same morning habits. Do you want to make some of these 5 habits your own?
1. They’re Early Risers. If you’re sleeping in and dreaming how to make it the top, the men at the top may already me up and starting their day. Ben Franklin blocked out the time from 5 to 7 to “rise, wash and address Powerful Goodness! Contrive the day’s business, and take the resolution of the day; prosecute the present study” and he added “breakfast”!
2. They Work Out. They recognize that their bodies need to be in good shape and health to get them through their busy days. Tim Cook, Apple CEO, hits the gym about 5 a.m. while Square founder Jack Dorsey does a six-mile jog. Maybe they know that working out releases those endorphins to help reduce stress while it maximizes energy.
3. The Think about the Day Ahead. Even Ben Franklin did it “contrive the day’s business”. One of the traits of many successful people is that they plan for the day ahead. They know both their strategies and their goals so they can achieve them. Reviewing and planning your day helps you clarify the day ahead and how you are going to handle it.
4. They Eat a Healthy Breakfast. They may do it on the run, but they realize that a healthy breakfast fuels their day. Whether you join Procter and Gamble CEO A.G. Lafley in some vegetable juice, half a bagel and some yogurt or plan a breakfast meeting, breakfast appears to be for winners. Add some complex carbohydrates to release energy throughout the day.
5. They Focus. Successful people reflect, plan and strategize and then they focus on the problem at hand. They tend to tackle the most difficult tasks in the morning. Scientists know that your willpower is at its highest in the morning so that gives you the extra push to get a hard job done.
We’re not sure about Benjamin Franklin, but we’re willing to bet that all of these successful people have spent the night in a comfortable bed with a supportive mattress to help them get the rest they need. If you’re thinking, that that because they have all the money to spend on a bed, think again. Natural latex is supportive and has bounce to make moving during the night easy. And, you can get a latex mattress on the internet at a price that you can afford. Just think what Ben could have accomplished if he’d had one of today’s modern mattresses!