6 Facts About the Sleep of Famous People
What if you had it made? Would you still be a morning bird just waiting for the next big idea? Or, would you sleep as long as you liked? Here are 6 facts about the sleep patterns of 21 successful people that ranged from research on historic figures like Winston Churchill to today’s movers and shakers.
1. How Long? Of the famous folks in the survey, the highest number (32%) slept only 5 to 6 hours a night. However, if you added those who slept 7 to 8 hours with those who slept 6 to 7 hours you come up with over half (54%) which would lead us to believe that this is not an exceptionally sleep deprived group – except for the 14% who slept only 4 to 5 hours.
2. What Time? This group is not spending the night out on the town – or anywhere else. A whopping 64% hit the sack between 9:30 and 11 p.m. However, 18% are shutting their eyes at 1 a.m.
3. Your Favorites? Richard Branson of Virgin gets about 5 to 6 hours of sleep. Bill Gates (can you think of a much bigger success?) is reported to sleep 7 hours from midnight to 7 a.m. His competitor Tim Cook of Apple also clocks 7 hours of shuteye, but on a whole different schedule. He’s early to bed and early to rise, sleeping from 9:30 p.m. to 4:30 a.m. TV personality Ellen DeGeneres logs a full 8 hours of sleep from 11 am. To 7 p.m.
4. Folks From The Past! According to research, Benjamin Franklin slept 7 hours by being in bed by 10 p.m. and up with the rooster at 5 a.m. Winston Churchill may have shown the stress of being Prime Minister as he’s said to have slept about 5 hours from 3 a.m. to 8 a.m.
5. Early Birds? Yep! These successful people have that trait in common – they’re up early with 56% rising from 4 a.m. to 5:30 a.m. Out of those, 28% — the largest single percentage – are up at 5 a.m. Another 33% are out of bed by 7 a.m. – leaving only 11% who are in bed until 8 or 9 a.m.
Whether you are rich and famous or not, one of the keys to a great night’s rest is a great mattress. You can do something that Ben Franklin and Winston Churchill couldn’t do – even with all their smarts! You can be smart and shop for a new mattress online. Look for a long “test drive” time – as much as 120 days – that make certain you get the mattress that is exactly right for you. Consider latex, often thought to be one of the most comfortable mattresses made. You’ll find big savings online!