Check out these great tips for purchasing a new mattress and taking proper care to ensure bed longevity.
- When buying a memory foam or latex mattress, it is important to purchase a solid bed frame. This ensures the longevity of the mattress and that you experience the full benefits. We recommend a solid wood or metal foundation, box spring w/o springs, slatted wood frame, wire frame, or platform. For more detailed information, please visit Buying a Foundation.
- There is a normal adjustment period after switching to a new mattress, especially if you’ve had the same mattress for a long time. It may take up to 1-2 weeks to fully adjust to the different type of comfort and support.
- Protect your new mattress. By using a quality mattress protector (we provide them, click here), you can ensure your mattress lasts longer. Mattress protectors decrease the wear of fabric, prevent liquid spills from damaging the materials, and keep your mattress clean and dust mite free.
- Take care when handling the topper material inside the mattress, if handled incorrectly it will tear. You can do this by ensuring you have a good hold on the mattress topper and by not pulling or dragging the material.
- New mattresses need to breathe, they have been wrapped in plastic, compressed and need air before you put sheets on them.
- If you have to move your mattress, make sure you carry it up right. The layers inside, if exchangeable, can be removed to reduce the weight of the mattress. Take extra care with the topper material.
- Do not machine wash/dry the mattress cover unless it is specifically mentioned in product details. Some mattress covers can be dry cleaned but the majority cannot. Please speak with us for more information.