Don’t Believe These 5 Things About Mattress Buying
All you want is a great night’s rest. Whew! That’s a big order. It’s time to buy a new mattress. Here are 5 things that you should know not to believe before you buy that new mattress. Not believing will help you buy wisely
1. But, it’s so Pretty. Don’t be swayed by the looks of a mattress. You’re going to put sheets on it – and, if you’re smart, a mattress protector. Your mattress is for sleeping – not for show. You’re looking for support for your sleep position and sleep style. You’re looking for quality at a fair price. Don’t buy a bed based on its looks. Remember, beauty can be only skin deep so don’t be convinced by a pretty face.
2. This Mattress will make Everyone Happy. Many companies will try to tell you that their mattress is designed just right – just right for everyone. Stop and think. Will a woman who weighs under 130 pounds and a man who weighs over 200 both think it’s perfect? Do you prefer a soft comfort level because you sleep on your side? Or, are you a stomach sleeper that needs a firmer mattress? How you sleep and what you prefer should be an important part of your decision. So, unless that mattress that is right for everyone is exactly right for you, keep looking until you find the mattress with a choice of comfort levels and the feel and support that are right for you.
3. You should spend 15 minutes on the Bed to be sure. Very simply, that’s not enough time to know if a mattress is going to be comfortable and supportive. You need to sleep on it and you need to sleep on it for about 30 days to give your body a chance to adjust to a new mattress, according to the experts. When you buy, pay attention to the return policy of the company. Can you return it at the end of 30 days or 45 days – or even longer? Will you get a full refund? You need to find the mattress that can be returned if it turns out not to be the right one for you.
4. Everyone Loves a Pillowtop Mattress. It’s softer. It’s cushy. It must be the right choice. Not necessarily true. You should pay attention to the integrity of the mattress – the support it gives you and your spine. A pillowtop doesn’t make the mattress. In fact, you can make your own pillowtop. Buy a good supportive mattress that keeps your spine aligned and if you want plush feel, buy a good, fluffy mattress pad. The good news there? If it flattens out, you take it off and buy another one. Hard to do that if the pillowtop it’s part of the bed.
5. My Back Hurts so I need a Firm Mattress. Again, not necessarily true. If you have back problems, you want a mattress that supports and keeps your spine in its natural curved position. A mattress that is too firm won’t support you in proper alignment. Instead, it will create pressure points that may create pain and aches. Do some homework on how different comfort levels support the way you sleep before you buy. Don’t just tell yourself that firm is best.
If it is time for you to get that new mattress, consider shopping online. You’re going to find supportive latex mattresses that come in soft, medium or firm. You choose the right one for you. Best of all, you’ll get as much as 120 days to sleep on the mattress. Not right? Buy from a company that will pick up the mattress for you and give you a full refund. Now, that’s relaxing news! You can have your choice of comfort and you can be sure you made the right choice.