Studies have shown just how important sleep is to lead a healthy life. Not getting enough sleep during the night can really wear down on your body. Adults are supposed to get 7-9 hours of sleep each night. This is easier said than done. For many people, the issue of not getting enough sleep is not with their comfy memory foam mattress. Instead, it is because they lay and stare at the ceiling for quite a while. Thankfully there are ways that you can increase your chances of falling asleep faster, thereby getting more sleep.
Here are some tips to increase your chances of falling asleep faster:
1. Get rid of annoying noises: Annoying noises can really keep you up. These noises include your spouse snoring, a drip in the sink, outside noises, and much more. Hearing these noises can keep you up because once you hear them you will continue to listen for them. To solve this problem try listening to a relaxing CD. This will help relax your body and allow you to go to sleep.
2. Relax your body: Oftentimes when we lay down, we are still extremely tense and stressed over our day. This will definitely not allow you to go to sleep faster. To help your body relax try to mentally focusing on relaxing each part of your body. Start at your toes and work your way up.
3. Keep your bedroom cool: This may seem silly, but the truth is that we sleep better when we are cooler. Keeping your set at 65 degrees or cooler allows us to sleep deeper and fall asleep faster. Plus sleeping cooler lessens the chances of sweating and harming your mattress.
4. Turn off your electronics: By electronics we are talking about cell phones, televisions, tablets, or anything else that may lessen your chance of falling asleep. We can get close to falling asleep and then our computer, tablet, phone or something else will light up and wake us back up. Turning these off will definitely allow us to fall asleep faster.
5. Shut your mind off: This is the toughest part for most everyone. When we lay down to go to bed is when we start stressing over everything in our life. When you lay down at night try picturing a relaxing scene like a beach, instead of remembering everything you need to get done the next day. This will help you relax your mind and your body.
These tips may seem really obvious, but you may be surprised how well they work. Just because you have a comfortable memory foam mattress, does not mean you will fall asleep right away. Making sure you are relaxed and not distracted are keys to falling asleep faster. Brooklyn Bedding can provide you with the best mattress, but it is up to you to fall asleep.