The Most Important Thing about Buying a New Mattress – YOU! 5 Things to Help You Decide!
When you start shopping for a new bed, what is most important? There’s an easy answer. YOU!
You can read everything there is to read – that a firm mattress is better for stomach sleepers and it helps keep your spine aligned – to end aches and pains. That a softer mattress is better for back and side sleepers, and a softer mattress cushions pressure points – to end aches and pains.
Ask an expert! The knowledgeable sleep professionals at Spine Health will tell you “there is no best mattress for back problems”. They go on to say “it is important to remember that mattresses are largely a matter of personal preference.” It’s YOU!
So how do you shop for a new mattress? Here are five things to help you decide:
- The core. The core of the mattress comes before the comfort level. It’s important – the durability and staying-power of your mattress starts here. Brooklyn Bedding has a high density, convoluted poly foam that will stand up to every weight and has a life expectancy of 20 years or more.
- Stop and think. You undoubtedly have slept in more than one bed. You sleep in hotels – at relatives’ homes – and you’ve probably owned – and own – more than one bed. So, what do you like? In your heart of hearts, do you think the guest room is more comfortable than the bed in the master bedroom? Which beds do you like best? Are they soft, firm or somewhere in the middle? Brooklyn Bedding offers you a choice of all three comfort levels!
- Read. If you’ve read this far, you know firm for stomach sleeper and softer for side and back sleepers. It’s a starting point – now read reviews. Be selective. If a company only posts reviews that are 5 stars, question it. You should be able to read some pros and some cons. If the bed has 1 and 2 star reviews – read them carefully. Usually a good bed will stay in the 3 to 5 star range although you may find one or two people who want to complain about something.
- Compare. Compare all the important features. When you buy online, make sure that the website details what in inside the bed. You want to know so you can match it to your preferences. Memory foam is more conforming and tends to sleep hotter. Latex foam has full-body, push back support and sleeps cooler. You want the whole picture. Brooklyn bedding gives it to you from telling you about the core, the latex layers and, even, the knitted, cotton cover to wick away moisture.
- THE MOST IMPORTANT part of buying a new mattress is knowing what will happen if you don’t like it! You want to know how you can return it. Will the company pick it up or do you have to somehow take it somewhere? Do you get a full refund? How long do you have? Brooklyn Bedding is the absolute industry leader here. You can sleep on the mattress for up to 120 days and still get a full refund. It takes at least a month to know if a mattress is right for you – you need that adjust period at a minimum. You may just want a different comfort level or a cash return. At Brooklyn Bedding, the choice is yours!